Heck yeah I do engagement sessions!
I strive to make you feel as comfortable as possible during your session. I get that getting all comfy and cozy in front of someone you just met can be awkward.. but I've done this so many times.. I can get full participation within minutes lol If you have a partner that hates taking photos.. I've got you.
Why Have An Engagement Session?
I consider engagement sessions so important because not only are they a celebration of your exciting future together, they're also prime time for us to capture all that cheesy, lovey-dovey stuff on camera. Yes.. I said cheesy!
Seeing how you two are together can prepare us immensely for your wedding day. It also gives you an opportunity to see how we work behind the camera, ensuring you have a smooth wedding with no qualms or worries whatsoever. Plus, there are a bajillion uses for the photos we take that day, including save the dates, wedding websites, bridal shower, bachelor party and wedding invites, thank-you cards and more.
Engagement Session Details
So what goes into an engagement session? We start out by discussing the details: themes, locations, outfits, and what you plan to use your images for. From there, I'll secure location permits if necessary and even guide you in your wardrobe choices if you want a little help. I'll be here along the way to address any questions you have. I'm up for any adventure you are! Want to shoot in a unique location?.. let's do it! Just have to add that permit fees are usually associated said amazing locations. If you have your heart set on a specific location please let me know asap as some permits may take up to 30 days to process.
On the day of your shoot, we'll meet at the location and start snapping away. I always get lots of mushy photos that showcase your love, and you better believe I capture all the details too (including your ring)! If you have any specific requests, we'll make sure to get those taken care of, as well.
Engagement Session Pricing Starting at $325
I offer a complimentary engagement session shoot in both of my Wedding Collections. Alternatively, you can do your engagement session a lá carte.
~Engagement session is $385 and includes • 90 minutes of shooting time • up to 2 locations • 2 outfit changes • engagement website to showcase your photos • free phone app to save/share easily to social media
~Engagement session is $325 and includes • 1 hour of shooting time • 1 location • 1 outfit changes • engagement website to showcase your photos • free phone app to save/share easily to social media
You can always add a location or an additional outfit at your request and pricing will be updated at that time.
The Ultimate Upgrade
If you want to capture this session to the extreme we can always have our videographer accompany us and make a highlight video of you two during our session. Additional pricing to be determined on location, please contact Maria for more info.
Your Wedding Website & Save the Date Cards
Here are 2 useful features I offer to show off your photos
Every engagement session and wedding collection includes a website that I design for you. It starts as an engagement website showcasing your engagement photos and gradually builds to a wedding website as you plan your wedding. Once you decide on a date, venue, registry locations.. you supply the info and I'll include it to your website. After your wedding, engagement photos and pre-wedding info are removed and your wedding photos will be included with a personalized thank you written by you as a married couple. This makes it so easy to show off your wedding photos to all your friends and family and let them know how much you appreciated them being present.
If you've already taken your engagement photos I can still build a website for you, no problem. Pricing starts at $225
Save the Date Products
Though not absolutely necessary.. sending out Save the Dates are important for a few different reasons:
• It is especially important to send them out if you have a lot of out of town guests planning to attend the wedding. This gives them plenty of time to prepare for travel.
• It’s also good to send them out because if your wedding is around the same time as school breaks (spring, fall, etc.), people will be planning their family vacations and will need to know to schedule around your wedding.
• Many things could pop up between now and the time that your invites are sent (usually about two months prior to the wedding) and you don’t want your guests to make other plans and not be able to attend.
• Sending out Save the Dates gives your guests the opportunity to pencil you into their schedules.
There are many different ways you can use your Save the Date photos. Here are just a few examples:
- You can send out cards – standard or folded. There are different sizes and options, galore!
- You could opt to send out postcards instead and not have to deal with the envelopes...postage is less as well.
- Turn your photos into Save the Date magnets. This is great because your guests can place it on their fridge and have a constant reminder of your date.
- You can also turn your photos into other fun things you can use at your wedding – like a guest book or signing poster, etc.
Pricing is dependent on quantity and style (standard/postcard) Postcards 4x5.6 double-sided 75 qty starting at $125 ~ Cards w/ envelope 5x7 double-sided 75 qty starting at $275
Click the link below to view a current wedding website
I would love to be here for you to capture your wedding sessions. Whether it be through an engagement session, bridal session, a day after session, or a boudoir session. I'm here for you serving Southern California. Outside of photography, I like binging on Netflix while editing.. because as an adult you can only watch so much Disney lol (I have 2 little ones at home)